DS TRANSPORT SOLUTIONS recognizes that privacy is important to you, our customers, our suppliers, and our employees, and wants you to be familiar with the way we collect, use and transmit the personal data we use when performing any type of freight transport. Under the current legislation, your "Personal Data" is information that identifies you as an individual or is related to an identifiable individual. This Privacy Statement describes our privacy practices and complies with the European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679 as well as with applicable Greek data protection law.
What data we collect
When you work in any capacity and purchase services from us, we may ask you to provide some personal information. These include name, ID number, passport, driving license, physical/business address, credit card number, landline/mobile phone numbers, customs, tariff and tax documents, purchase orders, payments, product delivery etc. For the purposes of our business, we also collect geographic location data from intelligent transportation systems, fleet management platforms and data on cargo monitoring, fleet management, supply chain, electronic data interchange (EDI), electronic proof of delivery and tracking of high-value goods.
Our site is not intended for children under 15 years of age and we do not knowingly collect information from children to promote our sales of Information Society services.
Legal basis for processing your personal data.
We process your personal data legally in accordance with the CPC (Article 6) for one or more of the following reasons:
A. When required to execute a contract of carriage
- To fulfill our legal and contractual obligations with respect to our own transport agreements and related services
- To process orders, payments, deliveries, allowances and support your overall business with us
B. When required to comply with our legal obligation
- To fulfill our tax, accounting, auditing, insurance and other obligations and to file declarations, documents and reports as required by law.
C. When we have a legitimate interest in serving our legitimate business interests and third parties
- In any case, this use is in accordance with the fundamental rights of individuals, such as:
- To provide you with effective customer service and support
- To improve the working relationships of our employees and associates
- To optimize our services, fleet management and working methods
- To answer your requests
- To improve the security and usability of our website and services,
- To conduct customer satisfaction surveys
- To facilitate our business dealings with you
- To keep you up to date on our new products, services and offers
- To operate a camera (CCTV) and video surveillance systems to prevent illegal acts so as to protect you, our staff and our property
D. When you gave us your explicit consent
When you have signed a valid contract with us as a customer or you have further given your consent to commercial and advertising communication justifying the legality of this processing.
Who we share your data with
In carrying out our international shipping business, your personal data may be provided, in addition to prosecuting, judicial and prosecutorial authorities, with the guarantees of law, to our various correspondents, carriers, service providers and suppliers.
We assure you that our affiliates (carriers, insurance companies, legal, financial, business consultants, third parties, etc.) are bound by us with Data Processing Agreements and are obliged to ensure the confidentiality and protection of data in accordance with applies not only to the 28 Member States of the European Union but to the European Economic Area (EEA) (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway).
International data transfers
Your personal data is generally transmitted to the European Economic Area (EEA) (28 EU members and Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) where we operate in order to fulfill our legal or contractual obligation. Your data may exceptionally be transmitted to non-EEA third countries for the purpose of transporting goods, fulfilling a legal or contractual obligation or because you have given us your explicit consent.
Recipients of your data in third countries are required to comply with European data protection regulations and to provide appropriate safeguards in relation to the transmission of your data in accordance with Article 46 of the ICC (competence decisions, binding company rules, standard contracts, compliance with standards and approved codes of conduct).
We process and store your personal data for the duration of our business relationship with you and as long as necessary to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations, and then delete or anonymize it for statistical purposes.
We will delete your data:
- When it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which this information was collected and processed
- At your written request or upon your objection, provided there are no compelling legal reasons requiring the retention of this information (pending legal claims, labor, insurance, tax, etc.)
- When we have to comply with our legal obligations and
- When you withdraw your consent to your data collection and there is no obligation on our part to maintain it.
Use of your personal information for promotional activities
We may process your personal information to inform you of products, services and offers that may be of interest to you or your business. The personal data we process for this purpose consists of the information you provide us and the data we collect when you use our services.
- We may only use your personal information to promote our products and services to you if we have your consent to do so or if we believe it is in our legitimate interest to do so.
- You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for marketing and personalized commercial communication by sending a simple request to our company.
What are your data protection rights?
By law, you have the following rights to your personal data:
- The right to ask us for access to your data, you can request to receive a copy of your data and check that it is processed legally.
- The right to edit or delete your data.
- the right to object or restrict the processing of your data, for example, when this information is inaccurate or no longer serves the purpose for which it was collected,
- The right to data portability, that is, to receive a copy of your data electronically or to transfer your data from us to another controller.
- The right to oppose automated decision making or profiling based on your data.
- The right to withdraw your consent. Any withdrawal of consent will not affect the legality of the consent processing before it is withdrawn from you.
Right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to file a complaint at email@example.com but also before the Hellenic Supervisory Authority (www.dpa.gr) if you have exercised any of your data protection rights and still believe that your requests have not been adequately addressed by us.